Did you know that chiropractic care can benefit your entire family? Dr. Audra Moran, and the team with us at Preferred Chiropractic & Wellness | Preferred Regen ATL, is an Atlanta, GA multidisciplinary clinic knowledgeable in family care. Our team includes a Webster Certified chiropractor, Dr. Alondra Hernandez, for all your prenatal and pediatric needs. Our wellness center treats patients from the city and surrounding metro areas. Here is a breakdown of what family chiropractic care from a family chiropractor entails.
Pediatric Chiropractic Care
This is chiropractic treatment for infants and children. Some of the signs that you should take your child to a pediatric chiropractor are:
- If you suspect your child experienced birth trauma
- Poor posture and difficulty playing like other children
- If the child had an accident and landed wrong
- If the child constantly complains of headaches
- Irregular sleep patterns and limited head and neck mobility
Even though your child might seem healthy and not display any of the above signs, you can still take them to a pediatric chiropractic doctor as the therapy can have the following benefits.
- It may improve the child’s immune system; therefore, they are less likely to have common ailments like running nose, coughs, and fevers.
- Kids who receive chiropractic care may have better digestion and are less likely to suffer from reflux and constipation problems.
- Chiropractic care for kids can help them sleep better, thereby optimizing their growth and development
- It may improve behavior due to reduced stress from chronic pain
- It may improve brain development because of optimal nervous system performance
Prenatal Chiropractic Care
If you are pregnant, you can visit a prenatal chiropractor. The benefits of visiting a us for prenatal care may include:
- Minimized morning sickness and nausea in the first trimester
- Back pain relief
- Relaxation of the lower abdomen to give the fetus sufficient room to grow
- Proper alignment and relaxation of the hips, pelvis, and surrounding muscles for easier labor and delivery.
Treatment Techniques for the Family: not intended for pediatricss or prenatal
- Shockwave therapy (Orthopulse): This treatment involves the use of a handheld device to apply shock waves to the pain points in the body. Shockwave therapy can hasten the healing process by improving blood flow to the regenerating tissue. This therapy uses a patented shock-wave generation device to treat various pains and overuse injuries. Shockwave therapy can help provide relief from chronic pain by reducing inflammation.
- Non-surgical spinal and knee decompression: This treatment of available in two forms: non-surgical knee decompression and non-surgical spinal decompression. Non-surgical knee decompression addresses knee pain and stiffness problems, while non-surgical spinal decompression addresses spine-related issues including, but not limited to, bulging and/or herniated discs in the cervical and/or lumbar spine.
Visit Us for More Information from Our Wellness Center
If you reside in Atlanta, GA, or the surrounding metro areas, visit us at Preferred Chiropractic & Wellness | Preferred Regen ATL. Dr. Audra Moran, and her team, are experts in their respective fields and are here to help. Call us at (404) 888-0666 to schedule your appointment and see how we can help you and your family!