Whiplash can often occur due a car accident and result in pain that lasts for years if it is not properly treated. At Preferred Chiropractic & Wellness in Atlanta, GA, we provide a variety of treatments to reduce your symptoms and improve your health. Before visiting us, we invite you to keep reading to learn about some symptoms of whiplash!
Whiplash happens when the impact from an auto accident, sport, or fall extends the neck beyond its normal range of motion. As a result, small tears are caused in the soft tissues of the neck that can lead to pain, stiffness, and migraines. If you are experiencing any discomfort in your neck, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible to prevent further complications.
Symptoms of Whiplash
If you have whiplash, you may experience various symptoms that come and go. Some of these symptoms include:
- Tingling in the arms
- Trouble concentrating
- Pain in the shoulders or upper back
- Blurry vision
- Memory problems
- Trouble sleeping
- Ringing in the ears
Treatment for Whiplash
The first step in treating whiplash is reducing the inflammation and improving your range of motion. Certain treatments can be uncomfortable or even painful if attempted before these issues are addressed. Some techniques our chiropractors may use for relieving your discomfort include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: If you have misalignments in your neck, they can lead to increased neck pain, a herniated disc, or a pinched nerve. By correcting the misalignments, you can feel relief and your body can heal naturally.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound: Therapeutic ultrasound utilizes sound waves to penetrate the deepest layers of soft tissue, which can relieve tension, stimulate tissue repair, and improve your range of motion.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Stress in your neck can lead to tiny knots in the fascia. Not only that, but the knots can also restrict blood flue and cause severe pain. Trigger point therapy can help release these knots.
- Electrical Stimulation: Electrical stimulation, also known as E-stim, sends tiny electric pulses to the muscles and nerves. which relieves tension and improves blood flow in the affected region.
- Corrective Exercises: Strengthening and stretching exercises are used during treatment to eliminate pain, reduce inflammation, and help you heal.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you have pain from whiplash that is not subsiding, let our team at Preferred Chiropractic & Wellness in Atlanta, GA, help. To learn about the treatments that we offer or to schedule your first appointment, call us at (404) 888-0666 today. When you’re looking for a chiropractor near me, we are happy to assist you!