Most people associate chiropractic care with neck and back pain treatment. While these are the most common conditions we encounter, chiropractic care involves much more than treating neck and back injuries. Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for sports injuries. If you are an athlete struggling with an injury in Atlanta, GA, please book an appointment with Preferred Chiropractic. Our team can provide the testing and treatment you need to recover and get back on the field as soon as possible.
Common Sports Injuries
If you are active in sports, your body is likely to experience excessive strain and pressure on various parts of the body. Whether due to an accident or overexertion, you are likely to suffer pain and other symptoms due to sports injuries. We also see patients with sports injuries due to inadequate warm-ups or sports gear. Common symptoms of sports injuries include:
- Back and neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Shin splint
- Knee pain
- Tennis elbow
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
- Joint pain
If you have a sports injury, don't play through the pain since this could worsen your injury. Instead, book an appointment with Dr. Audra Moran of Atlanta, GA, for pain relief.
How We Can Help
If you have a fresh or recurring sports injury, it's important to book an appointment with a chiropractor. Instead of masking your symptoms with medication, we pinpoint the source of your injury for a long-lasting solution. Common chiropractic treatments we use for sports injuries include:
- Spinal manipulation: We align your spinal joints to lift pressure off the spinal nerves, which triggers your body's self-healing mechanism to reduce pain and improve mobility.
- Non-surgical spinal decompression: We use a specialized table to create spaces in your spinal column, relieving pressure on the compressed spinal structures.
- Radio shockwave therapy: It's an FDA-approved treatment used to heal soft tissue injuries by increasing blood circulation and encouraging cell regeneration. If you have chronic pain, your body doesn't heal properly. This therapy jumpstarts your body's healing mechanism to overcome your injury.
- Strengthening exercises: We recommend stretching exercises to improve mobility, reduce pain, and strengthen your muscles and joints against future injuries.
How to Prevent Sports Injuries
There is something you can do to prevent the frequency and severity of sports injuries. Wearing appropriate sports gear and warming up before rigorous exercises can keep many sports injuries in check. Also, proper training and knowing your limit can prevent sports injuries from occurring.
Visit Us for Pain Relief from Dr. Audra Moran and Our Team in Atlanta, GA
If you are suffering from a sports injury, schedule an appointment with Preferred Chiropractic for relief. We have the knowledge and experience to treat sports injuries and other personal injuries using natural and non-invasive remedies, including regenerative medicine, non-surgical knee decompression, softwave therapy, and more.